This course will teach the students the basics of Photoshop as it relates to photography. This will be an intermediate level course and assumes the student knows the basics of using a computer and creating images with a digital camera. The course will go through the process of preparing images taken with a digital camera or scanned from film, for use on the web or for print. Several examples will be completely prepared from a digital camera download in preparation for posting on the web and for printing.
The following will be covered:
- Setting Photoshop preferences
- Color calibration and color management, achieving predictable color from monitor to print
- Downloading from a digital camera
- Raw conversion using Adobe Camera Raw
- Levels, curves, and color corrections
- Noise Reduction, trade offs and techniques
- The basics of sharpening images, how and why
- The basics of layers and masks
- Resizing images for print or use on the web
- Preparing an image for uploading to Zapp
The course will be taught using Adobe Photoshop version CC.
All exercises will be done using a laptop computer on a digital projector; individual computers will not be provided. Bring your laptop if you want to follow along.